MMA Conference – Mobile Trends And Monetised Apps
Durban, South Africa (August 2013) – Following the second successful Mobile Digital Revolution Conference held in Durban in 2012, the MMA (Mobile Marketing Association) have organised yet another techno-packed conference including top practitioners to discuss mobile trends and successfully monetised apps.
Case study presentations on actual mobile applications will include local and international brands such as MTN, PriceCheck (Recently won the Blackberry Achievement Awards App of the Year), TomTom, Spar, Nedbank, Morrisons, Vodacom and many others.
The topics of these presentations will include Mobile User Experience, Indoor Maps and Navigation, Mobile Customer Service, Mobile Marketing Applications amongst others.
The MMA conference will be held at The Gateway Hotel, in Durban on Wednesday, 14 August 2013, Corner Boulevard and Twilight Drive Gateway.
The twitter hashtag is #mmadbn.
The panel of dynamic guest speakers includes:
Raymond Buckle, MMA Chairman & CEO, SilverstoneCIS
Alan Haarhoff, AAT (Always Active Technologies)
James Erasmus, Boost Communications
Rob Enslin, ThoughtWorks
Andre de Wet, PriceCheck
Byron Moorgas, mapIT (A division of TomTom Africa)
Tobie Van Der Spuy, Omniscience
Pieter Geldenhuys, MallInfo
Jon Hoehler, Manager Mobile Technologies, Deloitte Digital
The conference is an initiative of the MMA in association with mapIT, AAT, Boost Communications, Thoughtworks and Omniscience and will kick off at 15:00 until 17:30, and guests will then enjoy a networking drink and snacks. Members and non-members are welcome, and admission is free. To register http://mmadbn.eventbrite.com/
- 15:00 Welcome and Registration:
- 15:15 Intro to MMA (Mobile Marketing Association) & Mobile Stats and Insights into SA market:
Raymond Buckle, MMA Chairman and CEO, SilverstoneCIS
Jon Hoehler, Manager for Mobile Technologies, Deloitte Digital
- 15:45 “Breathing Life into Brands” – South African Mobile Case Studies including Spar, LEGiT, Vodacom and Nedbank:
Alan Haarhoff – AAT (Always Active Technologies)
- 16:00 Mobile User Experience: Designing relevant experiences
Rob Enslin, Senior UX Design Consultant, ThoughtWorks (Case study on the Morrisons’ (UK Retailer) mobile app – Morrisons Cellar)
- 16:15 Indoor Navigation – Venue Maps:
Pieter Geldenhuys- MD, Mallinfo (Presentation on the Sandton City Mall mobile app and others)
- 16:30 Mobile Customer Service:
Tobie Van Der Spuy, Founder – Omniscience (Case study presentation on the MTN self-service application – myMTN.co.za)
- 16:45 The ease of mobile marketing (Case study on Kaizer Chiefs and Man City)
James Erasmus – Country Manager, Boost Communications
- 17:00 PriceCheck App Case Study Presentation (Recently won the BlackBerry Achievement Awards App of the Year)
Andre de Wet, GM – PriceCheck
- 17:15 Mobile Navigation and Live Traffic (Case study on TomTom Live Traffic)
Byron Moorgas – Account Manager, mapIT
- 17:30 Panel Discussion lead by the MMA Keynote Speakers
- 17:45 Drinks & Snacks
To register, visit: http://mmadbn.eventbrite.com/
About Mobile Marketing Association
Mobile Marketing Association’s South African Local Council strives to stimulate the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies in the country. The South African Local Council is created under the EMEA region. For more information visit http://www.mmasa.org